Update: 30/11/17, 10:30am
Dear MW Little Athlete families, As you have been informed, we learnt the track will be closed from 15th December 2017 through to 28th February 2018. (UPDATE: The Academy of Sport has advised the closure will take place on December 18, allowing us to complete our last scheduled 2017 competition on December 16. Colbert Shield will also be held that day).
This is super exciting to have an upgrade of the track and facilities confirmed and plans in place to commence construction. It does have an impact on our 2017/2018 season. As we work through the details, this website along with Facebook will be your true source of information and updates. Please do not email, phone or text anyone from our Committee, Age Managers or contacts from Northern Suburbs & Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics. Your respect and understanding is greatly appreciated. Below is a quick summary of the details to date and we will continually provide updates;
- Northern Suburbs and Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics have kindly opened their competitions for us to join them from Saturday 13th January until our track is completed - IMPORTANT: Please do not contact any members from either of these centres - all information will come from MW Committee
- NSLAC - http://www.nslac.com.au/
- KLAC - http://klac.org.au/
- We will send out an email with a link to register which center you are likely to join, so we can plan to support for each center – by end of this week A request has been submitted to Sydney Sports Academy management for MW Little Athletics to run on the last Saturday of our season, 16th December – this is to be confirmed
- Given the competition location chance, we will not be running the January twilights this season
Please be patient with us while we work through the details. We are all still catching our breath from the back to back State Relay and Zone Championships. We don’t have all the detailed answers just yet but please be assured we are working on them.