1. How much does it cost?
- First Child: $200
- Second and subsequent child: $180*
- Parent Duty Bond: $150 (per family)**
* In order to get the discounted family rate all members of the family must register at the same time, using the relevant family membership option. This is only available for immediate family – brothers, sisters & step/half siblings.
** This is a mandatory charge. Please note whilst the bond has increased
from last year, MWLA cannot run without a team of volunteers supporting
our kids and this bond will be returned once all parent duties are complete.
2. How old does my child have to be?
For the age group your child falls into please refer to our age matrix.
*Please note: Under 6 Athletes cannot register until early December and competition will begin mid January.
3. Can I use an Active Kids Voucher?
Yes. This must be applied for before registration on the Service NSW Website. You will need the voucher number to complete your registrations if you want the discount applied.
4. What times and how long does Little A’s go for?
Competition start and finish time varies as each age group is different; some start at 7:30am and some at 8am, with specialised events like walks on before competition officially commences. however we find the first couple of weeks can take a little longer, finishing around 11.00am, however, as the season progresses this reduces. Please ensure one parent is always present at the track.
Updates on times will be published on our social media sites.
5. Are trials available?
Yes. We allow trails in weeks 3-5 (as long as registration numbers are not too high). A maximum of 2 trials are allowed.
To sign up please do so before you arrive as this is now done online at GameDay.
Please note that we do not allow trials for the first two weeks of competition as these initial weeks can be extremely busy and our focus is to ensure our age managers, officials and regular athletes are not disrupted easing into the season.
6. What happens if we’ve paid and we want to leave half way into the season. Can I get a refund?
NO. As with other children’s sport like Soccer, Football, Basketball, Nippers, etc, MWLAC does not provide refunds.
7. How do I register?
Check our registration page for how to register.
8. Why do I need to do parent duties?
- MWLA cannot run without the help of parent volunteers. We usually have over 700 children competing on a Saturday. We do not have enough committee members to do all the jobs necessary (who are all unpaid volunteers themselves and do hours of work behind the scenes already to get the season running smoothly)
- Your children LOVE seeing and having you help out. They are far more likely to stay engaged with Athletics when their parents are part of what they do
- You learn as well….Athletics is a great sport and helping out shows you what it takes to make this happen!
- If you complete your duties you will receive have your bond returned!
9. How is my bond refunded?
Once required duties are completed, you will be contacted to arrange bond return. This may not be until the end of the season.
10. How do I compete in Seniors events?
Commencing in the 2023-24 season, the Centre is affiliated with Athletics NSW in addition to being affiliated with Little Athletics NSW. Athletes who have registered with the Centre now have the option to register and participate in Athletics NSW events. Athletics NSW events take place mainly over weekends, usually on synthetic tracks and with official timing. There are also State Championships that can lead to National Championships. National entry qualifications do not use Little Athletics results. You must compete in Athletics NSW or Athletics Australia events to qualify. Please refer to the Athletics NSW events page for details: Athletics NSW Events Link
To register with Athletics NSW as a member of Manly Warringah, following this link: Register with Athletics NSW
We only offer Athletics NSW membership for those aged up to16 years. The cost of registration for Youth (8 to 12) and Junior (13 to 16) athletes is $40 and there are typically entry fees payable for events. Following registration with Athletics NSW, the athlete will be allocated an Athletics NSW bib for use in Athletics NSW Competitions. This will be different to the athletes Little Athletics bib.
For more information please see the Athletics NSW website.
11. Why does MWLAC have 5 clubs within it and which one do I belong to?
MWLA is one of the largest clubs in NSW. To encourage competition the Centre is divided into districts and once a year there is an interclub competition called the Colbert Shield.
Depending on where you live we break the clubs up as follows to encompass the following suburbs (this is guidance only as you can chose another club if you like):
Manly: Manly, Freshwater, Dee Why
Seaforth: Seaforth, Balgowlah
Wakehurst: Belrose, Frenchs Forest, Terry Hills, St Ives, Forestville
Cromer: Cromer, Collaroy, Beacon Hill
Peninsula: Narrabeen, Warriewood, Mona Vale, Bayview, Newport, Avalon, Palm Beach
12. Does my child need a uniform, what do they wear?
As MWLA is split into 5 clubs (refer above), they need to purchase a singlet or a crop top for that club. You are free to buy black shorts from any sportswear store. Running spikes are allowed for children in the U11 and above age groups. All uniforms can be purchased at Narrabeen track. Wakehurst and Seaforth have their own stock at their own clubs.
13. Are there restrictions on numbers in each age group?
We try to aim for no more than 75 in each group. If we see the numbers close to this we may consider having to cap the age group and create a waiting list.
15. When does training start?
- Check the training page for info.